Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cookie butter

Chloe mentioned "cookie butter" in her last post.  "What is cookie butter?" you may ask.  Good question.  Actually, "cookie butter" is our name for a product that some of the group have fallen for, hook, line, and sinker.  For those who haven't seen it before, believe it or not, it's actually like peanut butter but it's made of cookies.  I know ....  weird huh?  It's Speculoos cookies, pulverized into a paste and apparently mixed with oil or something to make it into a weird paste.  People spread it on bread.  Yes, I know ... ick.  It tastes good, but it's a bit odd on whole grain bread or bread with various seeds included.  Apparently one can buy it at Trader Joe's (per Katy).  I wouldn't be surprised if World Market had it too.  As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan - I think if I wanted cookies I'd just eat cookies rather than trying to spread them on my bread.  But then again, I like a lot of other odd things that most of the rest of the group thinks are outrageous (like Ayran, which is sour yogurt thinned with water into a drink and salted.  I was able to find some at a local Iranian market, and had some in Paris as well, but no one has jumped at it for some reason). 

No comments:

Post a Comment